Welcome to my life! This is where I post notes and thoughts on my personal experiences. Grammar and spelling Nazi's beware I seldom edit my thoughts. For my art page visit www.evergirlart.com

Friday, June 17, 2011

All in a days work

So, I am wondering how many people have you given CPR to? What, you have never given CPR? I clearly remember my last time!

I was at Dillard's department store at Lakeline Mall. I stopped in to do some quick power shopping before meeting up with Quac Tran and a few other folks from the IGDA to discuss a partnership with the Austin game conference.

I was in the dressing room trying to decide if should fork out the cash for a new pair of blue jeans for the upcoming conference, when I heard a crash in the dressing room next door.

I hollered over, "hey are you okay" no reply so I opened the door to my room and looked under the door of the room next to me.

Shit , a middle aged lady was lying on the floor. Her head was bleeding from the fall. I crawled under the door and checked her pulse. I opened the door and yelled for help.

I then took of my Austin game developers T shirt and wrapped it around her head to help stop the bleeding. She was not breathing so I started CPR. Between breathing I would yell for help.

Finally after what seemed like hours but was actually only minutes a young store clerk came to the rescue or at least so I thought. She took one look at me bent over the lady and said oh my God all that blood. She took off, and in the distance I could hear her vomiting in the trash can behind her register. Moments later I yelled back, "please call 911!"

When the EMT's finally arrived they took over the CPR and they rushed the middle aged women to the ER, with my shirt still on her head.

I once again yelled over to the sales clerk , can you bring me a shirt, they took mine.

Crap! My wallet is back at the office!

I did end up with a new dress to wear to the IGDA meeting on Dillards. A month later the middle age ladies husband had me meet up at the store for a nice thank you gift for savings his wife's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Issaquah, WA, United States
I am who I am because of thousands of life experiences