Welcome to my life! This is where I post notes and thoughts on my personal experiences. Grammar and spelling Nazi's beware I seldom edit my thoughts. For my art page visit www.evergirlart.com

Thursday, May 7, 2009

letters from my team training

Dear Friends,

This week’s team training ride was another cold and wet one. I started out the ride with better clothing and a new saddle which really made a difference. As some of you know it took me 6 hours to warm up from the last ride so wool socks and booties really make a difference. Our team training group was in good sprits regardless of the weather and we were all peddling hard to get to your half way point so we could have some hot coca. The halfway point ended up being just a few miles more than my last ride.

This week’s ride was dedicated by our team mate Bob: we rode for his sister’s 8 year old daughter who has just finished her last chemotherapy treatment. On today’s ride I noticed many team members have photos in zip lock baggies tapped to their handle bars to help them keep going when they are cold and wet and tired. One lady was telling me she just lost her husband of 25 years this last November. He died in his sleep the day after he had been diagnosed. Everyone seems to have a story of someone they have lost. As I ride with the group I am making friends and sharing something we have in common: A goal to help find a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma.

Today’s ride was just over half of the total I have to be able to do by June 4th I rode 56 miles. We started in Fall City Washington and rode up to Snoqualmie Falls then turned around and headed back to Fall City and then we rode into Carnation. We mostly stayed on very rural roads. The smell of the country on a bicycle, there’s nothing like it and there’s no rolling the windows up folks!

Wednesday I will be going to Fred Hutchinson center for lunch and I will meet the child that I will be pledging the rest of my rides for. Memory’s of those I have lost got me started on this journey and from this point out I will be riding for someone that is still living.


There’s still time to sponsors me. You can just click on the link. http://www.active.com/donate/tntwaak/evergirl

Newt week I will try to have a team training photo up on the site. It’s just been so wet and muddy I haven taken the camera with me on a ride yet.

Thanks again

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Issaquah, WA, United States
I am who I am because of thousands of life experiences